Based in Graz, Austria
iPhone and iPad
Subwords is an exciting mix between a trivia and a word game. Words are split into syllables and you have to put them back together as fast as possible. The words in every level are bound to a certain topic, so you have to know about the topic to solve it. But it's no problem if you aren't that familiar with a specific topic: Simply click the bulb to learn something new!
- Over 30 levels, ranging from animals and fruits to European countries, our solar system or greek mythology etc.
- 20 bonus levels built specifically for kids up to an age of 8 years.
- A new topic is added every month (for free!)!
- Two modes: Classic and Timed
- Learn spelling and syllabification of words, plus new vocabulary!
- Play in six different languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian!)
- Face Control: Enables people that can only move their head to play the game!
- Accessibility: Support VoiceOver and reduced motion, high contrast mode, dyslexic font...
Release Trailer YouTube
Kids Update trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Digital Ehon Award 2019" Digital Ehon Award 2019, Prize Winner in the Digital Educational Materials Prize category
- "IMGA 15 Nominee" Nominated for the International Mobile Gaming Award 15, 2019
- "WWDC 2017 Scholarship" Scholarship for Apple's WWDC17 in San Jose, awarded for the first prototype of Subwords (implemented as a Playground)
- "SAGA Award 2017: Finalist" Styrian Game Award, Button Festival 2017
Follow Subwords! twitter.com.
Like Subwords! facebook.com.
Discuss with Subwords! discord.gg.
About Klemens Strasser
I am a 25 years old computer science student and developer from Graz, Austria. I work with Flexibits on Fantastical, Cardhop and Chatology and create a bunch of games in my spare time. Check out the project pages for more information. I love creating and playing games, podcasts, audiobooks and everything that is nerdy.
More information on Klemens Strasser, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Developer - Artist - Game Designer